A shower steamer is essentially a bath bomb for your shower. It fizzes and releases essential oils into your shower to create an amazing, aromatherapeutic experience. Shower steamers help create a similar luxurious experience in everyday showers that were once reserved for fancy spas. Not only do aromatherapy shower steamers smell absolutely incredible, but the essential oils found in the products also help promote relaxation, well-being, and rebalancing!
Unsurprisingly, our Aromatherapy Shower Steamer Starter Pack is our number one best seller. Read to learn more about why people are obsessed with shower steamers.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is thought to activate areas in your nose called smell receptors, which communicate with certain areas of your brain that affect your emotions. Whether it's stress, insufficient energy, certain types of pain, lack of motivation (or sleep or joy!), essential oils may help reduce these symptoms.
The practice of aromatherapy has been around for thousands of years. The benefits can vary based on the specific essential oil, but overall, aromatherapy is known to be soothing by bringing unity to the body, mind, and spirit. As essential oils and aromatherapy have become more mainstream in recent years, so has the prominence of products used, including diffusers, bath products, and, yes, shower steamers. With the natural heat and steam in a warm shower, the space makes for the perfect aromatherapy environment.
Benefits of Essential Oil Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
Since shower steamers include properties of essential oils, you may experience an array of feel-good benefits from your shower. Essential oils can help with:
- Sleep improvement
- Pain management
- Headache or migraine relief
- Soothe stress and anxiety
- Fungal infections
- Reduce inflammation
- Mood booster
At Cait + Co., we are not medical professionals. If you are interested in aromatherapy for medical use, consult your doctor.
How to Choose the Right Aromatherapy Shower Steamer for You
When choosing a shower steamer to suit your unique needs, consider the following.
The number one question to ask yourself is what feeling are you looking to achieve. For example, lavender and chamomile are great essential oils to promote a better night's sleep.
On the other hand, those early morning users may prefer peppermint and eucalyptus for alertness and focus. If you're having trouble picking from all of the scents, consider trying Cait + Co’s Aromatherapy Shower Steamer Starter Pack.
The Quality of Shower Steamer Ingredients
With so many options out there, you’ll want to shop around for a company that takes pride in its products. Our bath goods at Cait + Co offer quality ingredients, all of which are listed on the website, with no harsh ingredients or additives. All of our products are also assembled here in the United States and crafted with love in small batches.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Shower Steamer
There are plenty of scents you’ll come across when shopping for an aromatherapy shower steamer. In order to get the best bang for your buck, consider snagging a starter pack, which allows you to explore and experiment with new scents. Our Aromatherapy Shower Steamer Starter Pack will give you the versatility you need to narrow down what you love while also giving you 6 full-sized shower steamers to test out.
What Do I Need to Enjoy an Aromatherapy Shower?
Not much! You’ll need a high-quality shower steamer made with simple ingredients in the USA (*cough* try any of our Aromatherapy Shower Steamers), a mesh bag (comes included with your Cait + Co Shower Steamer) and a nice, steamy shower.
How to Use Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
Incorporating an aromatherapy shower steamer into your daily routine is an easy and cost-effective way to make the most of your “you” time. It also adds a touch of luxe to your mornings and evenings, helping those moments feel a bit more spa-like. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make the most of your aromatherapy shower steamer:
- Simply place your shower steamer in the mesh bag (included in the package)
- Activate your steamer by getting it wet until it fizzes
- Hang your steamer anywhere outside of the direct stream of water
- Breathe in deep and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy for 2-3+ showers*
*Be sure to "reactivate" your shower steamer each time you shower by getting it wet so that it begins to fizz again.
Helpful Tips & Tricks for Using Your Aromatherapy Shower Steamer:
- A nice hot shower will create steam, which helps to release the essential oils in the product.
- Avoid letting your shower steamer get too wet. We recommend *only* getting it wet when activating it – this will extend the product's lifespan!
- You will know your shower steamer has activated when it begins to fizzle, similar to a bath bomb.
- We recommend adding aromatherapy to your daily routine! We also have bath soaks and body creams featuring the same essential oil blends!
- If the smell is too strong, you can hang it on the faucet of your sink while you shower
- Listen to your body and try new things: Everyone is different, and while one essential oil may not be the best for you, another may be the perfect fit!
More Cait + Co Reading Material
- Everything You Need to Know About Essential Oils
- Handcrafted Body Cream: Shea Butter Benefits
- What is a Shower Steamer and How Do You Use It?